Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hellllo!
First week out in the field! so much to say.. Hmm, so first day/night I met my companions. Yep I'm in a trio again. Their names are Elder Olsen And Elder Park. Elder Olsen is actually from Saint George. And then Elder Park is from Korea.

My time here so far has been interesting haha. I'm supposed to be getting trained but nothing has happened. Nobody is really telling me anything, which sucks. If I want to know something, I have to ask. I probably seem annoying but I'm just trying to figure out how things work! haha. I think that I didn't get put with hard working missionaries. Elder O. sleeps in until like 9:30/10:00 everyday.. which is terrible. I don't really have good examples of super missionaries around me, but I'm trying my best to be obedient to the mission rules. I wake up at 6:30 every morning, by myself. And then do all my studies. Oh so right now I am in an English speaking area. lame. I dont want to lose my spanish! But tomorrow is transfer day, so it's possible I could be moving around. We'll see.

Hmm. So right now I'm basically in the city of Fountain. Its like right on the border of Colorado springs and Fountain. The first day the weather was hot! But it has been heavily raining with thunder and lighting for the majority of my time here. It's unusual for the weather to be like this here...But I'm totally fine with it staying haha. Way better than being hot! So far I've had 3 dinner appointments, which have all gone good. Nothing weird yet. The people here are so nice! I like meeting new people. We have a good chunk of investigators. But a lot of them aren't progressing. I've only met like half of them so far. My area right now is pretty ghetto. We live on this street called Kokomo street. You can probably google map it. But it has a nickname of Krackomo street. Because apparently everybody does drugs here and like right out in the open. Half of our investigators have word of wisdom problems. Including this 14 year old kid who smokes weed and drinks! holy crap haha. Thats messed up!
The food situation has been kinda weird. This first week I have been kind of living off of random things like top ramen and chili. Transfers are tomorrow, so I don't really know where I'll be going. Hopefully like a Spanish area. So since I don't know if my current apartment is where I'll be staying, I have been living out of my suitcase. I didn't really unpack anything. Thats why I didn't try to buy real food either. Because I don't know how long I'm going to be here.
 Hmm, what else? Oh, I haven't done any service yet. The fire didn't effect anyone in my area. Maybe If I move then I'll be doing service. The mission president said he was going to mail (physically) a photo of me and them and a letter. So expect that at home. I don't know when but sometime it will come.
Being in the real world is great! haha Although everything seems so different now. Like especially going in stores and stuff. It's weird. And hearing music all the time! Wow it's great..haha I mean I don't let it distract me, but I love hearing it. Music is the best. Besides missionary work of course..haha. One thing that I'm having to get used to is strange looks from people. Like wherever we go, people just look at you like you're weird. But whatever, haters gunna hate. Haha. The field is so much more fun than the MTC. I love going out and meeting people. The area I'm currently in is not a tracting area, so I'm glad for that. I'm scared of knocking on doors and talking to random people. That's something I'll just have to get over though.
Dylan is cute! Awww precioso.. haha. I'll be looking forward to the pictures in the mail! :) Also now that I'm out of the MTC, its just like I'm using a regular computer, so attachments and stuff like that work. Also When you want to mail me something, just send it to the mission home. They will forward it out to wherever I'm at. It's better that way. Who knows what area I will be in. I need to send my card home at some point but I don't know how I'm going to do it.. Anyways I'll figure it out. It just has to be before I go to Argentina. But who knows how long that will be!
Well I love all of you guys!! Have an awesome week! Congrats again on the bonita bebe! haha If you have any questions for me about the field or about the area, shoot me an email! P-days are normally on monday

Elder Wheelwright



 Oh also.. I just found out that My new area is a bicycle area....no.. hahaha     And I'm 99% sure its an English area.


Byeeee!! :)


Some pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment