Monday, November 18, 2013

Hola family!

So the package is in my city, my friend actually has it haha. So they made it here safe!!!! Whoooo!! 
First of all, this weekend was nuts!! I had exchanges this week with an Elder that is brand new. His name is Elder Walker and he's from Utah, and doesn't speak spanish haha...so for 2 days I talked non stop. It was intense teaching the full lessons alone, but it was fun too. I like to talk... :D
 Saturday was the meeting with Elder Christofferson and two 70´s too. IT was amazing!! I learned a lot on how to be a better missionary. He opened it up for questions too, but I didn't know what to ask. I didn't want to say anything dumb haha. Only half the mission got to come, so thank goodness I was in the half that came!   
After the talk, we went to the church and started preparing for the baptism of Valeria!!!! YAAAAAYYYYY! :D    At 5pm she was baptized. I was so surprised that lots of people from the ward showed up. We did make fancy fliers and delivered them to the families in the ward though... so that's probably why.   Our ward mission leader said that it was one of the best most spiritual baptisms that he's ever seen. Legit! Now the clock ticks..until one year and then they can get sealed in the temple!! :) I will be confirming her next Sunday. My first confirmation in spanish! It should be cake. Usually members of the ward are supposed to do this, but she asked me to do it. I always love seeing people get baptized, knowing that they are leaving behind their old sinful life haha to start a brand new one..how awesome!
 Remember that one family with that one convert of mine in Olavarria a long time ago in my first area?  They got mad at us or something and told us to stop coming by?  They emailed me last week and it was amazing!  Everything is great with them and I think they are going to church! It made me so happy to hear from them. 
Umm..Sunday we had stake conference with Elder Christofferson too. It was a full weekend of apostle! haha. his wife spoke too, although her spanish wasn't super amazing, she still did a really great job and everyone understood her. 
So 2 weeks until transfers..wow.   How the time fly's!   I feel like we were just at this point yesterday. Agh!! 
One of our investigators went to the stake conference this Sunday without us knowing, she also went up and shook the apostles hand and talked with him. She told us that he blessed her baby haha. How awesome. She's this little lady from Peru. She felt the spirit a lot in the meeting and can't wait for us to come back and teach her more stuff!   She could be the next baptism :)
 I think that's all that happened this week. I'm sure there is more, but time calls haha. We only have one hour. Maybe  even less now...eeeek. Okay well I love you guys! Sorry for not sending pics of the baptism! I forgot my memory card in the casa! 
Love you all! chau!!!

Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment