Tuesday, August 21, 2012


 Hello family! 
This week has been somewhat of an abnormal one.. One day we came home to find that our power was out! :( Lame..  We didn't have time to deal with it that day, so the next day, we called the housing coordinator.. Apparently he forgot to pay the utility bill. So we were without light for 3 days! It was kinda lame and a little bit fun haha. The things that sucked was that all of our food went kinda bad.. Cool. And I had to take a shower in ice cold water in the dark with a flashlight haha. It was like the worst thing ever.. We have a fireplace, so we used that for light. I also remembered that I brought my headlamp too so I used that.. I knew there was a reason for me bringing that! 
Soo this week (tomorrow) is transfers! I cant believe its already here! CRAZY! I thought I would be staying in this area, but nope. I got transferred to this place called Castle Rock. Its up closer to Denver. The only thing I know about it, is that its a super rich area.. So lots of prideful people. Cool. haha My chances of speaking spanish? none. Except if I talk to the maids of the houses..haha. I hope I get to do that! That would be sweeeet! My companion is getting transferred to Kansas. He isn't very excited. I told him that I would switch places with him! I'm going to miss the area I'm in. I've met a lot of cool people and families here. I don't want to leave!! :( But there must be a reason for me leaving. I just don't know it yet. So tonight i'm packing. Fun stuff. 
Another thing that is happening today, is that I'm going new missionary tracting! There are 18 new missionaries coming in. So when they first arrive, experienced missionaries take them out for a couple of hours. Experienced is the key word here.. I have no clue why I'm doing it haha. I'm still a new missionary! I've only been out for one transfer! So I'm like freaking out. I'm taking the role of senior companion here. Weird. I'm kinda scared because I still don't know what I'm doing! How am I going to teach someone else how to do something when I don't even know how to do it. haha   This should be interesting though for sure! 
So the trip to Shyanne mountain didn't actually happen. We just ran out of time :(  I'm bummed, I really wanted to go! And the dinner with Chef Guzman got cancelled. haha So thankfully I didn't have to get super super stuffed again. But I missed out on his awesome food though. It's a win/lose situation. 
I'm glad my SD card made it home safely! I always get sketched out sending it. Yeah it's crazy thinking that Dallin is leaving tomorrow! Good luck buddy! The MTC is awesome (but not at first haha). I actually miss the MTC now.. I definitely want to try to teach there when I get back. That's super funny that they had Pizza at Dallin's open house... HE WOULD. haha He's a pizza monster! 
We have one girl here with a baptismal date, she is 9. We went and visited her this week to make sure everything was okay and to see if they were coming to church. When the girl came up to the door, the first thing she said was that she doesn't want us being her missionaries... ouch. haha that's cool. This was my first time meeting the family because we were on splits last time My comp went over there. The girl said she wants sister missionaries. Then the mom of the girl came up and was like yelling at my companion. She said she was "super mad" (Cleaned up version haha.) at him because of his push for baptism and for other stuff I didn't understand (because I wasn't there last time). Elder Silva does have a problem with pushing baptism too hard. I think it puts people off. We've had discussions about this before. He thinks our purpose is solely to baptize. Yes, that is PART of it. I told him that our purpose is to bring others unto Christ through things like baptism, repentance, etc. He (and a lot of other missionaries) are so focused on getting people baptized fast. I think that a timely manner is important yeah, but when you are pushing so hard that people start getting offended? No. Especially when they have no idea what they are getting themselves into haha. He disagreed with me, but whatever. haha we all have our opinions. But yeah, so we got yelled at, and the mom was like she probably wont even get baptized for another 4 months because of this situation now. Okay... That was not a fun experience. 
Also one of the days this week we had to double book dinner! ....I was super full after both of them. The 2nd one wanted to keep feeding us more and more. I was like ugh.... please stop it haha. In my head of course.
 I think that's it for this week. Hopefully my new companion is a cool guy. I'll let you know next week! I love you guys!

Elder Wheelwright

So i forgot that we had zone conference this week! It was terrible.. haha I hate zone conferences now. It was 9 hours long!!! Wow.. it was the worst haha. The picture with 6 of us in it, is my district picture. The other ones are just random. haha. Love you guys!

oopss... one more description of a pic. The one where I'm holding a certificate and a box of chocolates is an award that me and my companion were awarded with at zone conference because we had one of the cleanest apartments in the zone! so that was sweet. haha



No comments:

Post a Comment